*NUP, PTAD and Ministry of Finance in the web
President National Association Of Retired Paramilitary Officers (NARPO), Dr Adewale Oluyede has been dragged before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged offences in the region of N250m.
According to documents made available to www.gongnews.net the petitioner, Mr Charles Emoakemeh is the Public Relations Officer of the Retired Prisons Officers Association. He called for investigation of the anti-graft agency saying, “I wish to on behalf of other chapter and national officers of NARPO bring the following activities of our president, Dr Adewale Oluyede, which are corrupt activities leading to mismanagement of over two hundred and fifty million Naira (₦250,000,000) being check-off dues accruing to the organisation.
He listed the alleged infraction thus:
- The President of NARPO without knowledge and approval of the association amended the constitution to suit his expenditure.
- Section 13(a) of NARPO (National Association of Retired Paramilitary Officers) constitution states the expenditure of not more than ₦5,000,000.00 only by the president.
- Expenditure of not more than ₦1,000,000.00 only by the National Executive without the approval of the General Meeting. While the President is the Head of the Executive.
- The President of NARPO connived with a lawyer to sue PTAD, Accountant General Office and the Minister of Finance on the payment of 33% pension arrears without the approval of General Meeting. After the payment of the 33% pension arrears he subsequently paid the lawyer ten million naira as legal fees without the approval AGM and BOT which amounts to fraud.
- The President of NARPO approved the engagement of an Executive Secretary for the association on a monthly salary of three hundred and fifty thousand naira (₦350,000) which he shares with the appointee. He also pays unapproved allowances to himself and some executives.
- The President of NARPO has refused to vacate office since 15th may 2017 when his tenure expired thereby spending association funds illegally. This is contrary to association’s constitution that requires a caretaker committee to be appointed to manage the association pending the conduct of the new election.
- The President of NARPO claims to pay one million eight hundred thousand naira (₦1,800,000.00)to NUP as affiliation fee every month.
- The President of NARPO connived with some directors of PTAD to deduct forty-six million Naira (₦46,000,000.00)as check-off dues to NARPO following the approval of 33% of the 53% by the former PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN in 2010 when NARPO was not in existence and without the DG PTAD’s full knowledge.
In their prayers, the retired officers are asking the EFCC to:
- The EFCC should investigate the circumstances leading to the falsification of NARPO constitution by the President thereby spending the association money without approval.
- To investigate the alleged payment of ten million Naira (₦10,000,000.00) as legal fees on payment of 33% of pension arrears.
- To investigate the payment offorty-sixmillion Naira (₦46,000,000.00)check-off dues from pension arrears to NARPO even when it wasn’t in existence during approval.
- To investigate the payment ofone million eight hundred thousand Naira (₦1,800,000.00) to NUP as affiliation fee.
- The EFCC should stop the payment of check-off dues to NARPO until the money collected from the pensioners are refunded back.