*Let Anambra election hold as scheduled
South East Governors rose from an emergency meeting on Friday in Enugu, proscribing the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB) in the region.
They called on IPOB and other groups that may be aggrieved to articulate their positions on national issues and submit same to the Governors in the zone.
Also, the Governors reiterated their earlier position that the governorship election billed for November in Anambra state must hold while enjoining President Muhammadu Buhari to order withdrawal of troops from the zone.
The 12-point communiqué issued at the end of the meeting chaired by Ebonyi state Governor David Umahi reads:
“In view of the prevailing security situation in the South East and its attendant consequences, the South East Governors hereby resolves as follows:
- All activities of IPOB are hereby proscribed. IPOB and all other aggrieved groups are advised to articulate their position on all national issues and submit to the Committee of Governors, Ohanaeze Ndigbo and National Assembly members from the South-East Zone, through their chairman, South-East Governors Forum.
- All Governors of South-East Zone are to ensure compliance in their respective States.
- South-East Governors Forum, Ohanaeze Ndigbo and National Assembly Members do hereby reinforce their commitment to a united and indivisible Nigeria.
- We also reinforce our desire for the restructuring of Nigeria where all national issues will be discussed and amicably settled to achieve justice and fairness to every Nigerian.
- We reiterate our earlier position that the 18th November, 2017 governorship election in Anambra must hold.