James 5:16, “…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”
We are living in perilous times. There is an escalation of evil and iniquity such as we have not seen before. The need to pray individually and corporately cannot be over emphasised.
Prayer is the life line of every believer. It is the means by which we secure heaven’s intervention and obtain our hearts desires. Mark 11:24. Prayer time is one investment that yields great dividends. That is why the Bible says Men ought always to pray and not faint. Jesus spent quality time praying. The apostles of Jesus prioritised prayer. The early church prayed together corporately with great results.
It is not only imperative for an individual to pray, you must join others in church to take full delivery of your kingdom inheritance. Corporate praying multiplies the power of prayer and delivers greater results. Look at the number of people praying when Peter was arrested and waiting to be executed: the whole church! God sent an angel to the prison and released him! If you are truly serious about getting on, you will attend every prayer meeting: on Wednesday and anyone organized by your department or group. Jesus said my house shall be a house of prayer (Luke 19:46). He was quoting from Isaiah 56:7, “Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.”
Notice I didn’t say just praying but PRAYING RIGHT. To obtain results it’s not enough to pray, you must pray right. James 4:3, “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.”
- Philippians 4:6-7, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” This is what the Bible is saying, have your trouble but don’t let your trouble have you. A troubled mind is a troubled life. But right praying guarantees peace in your life.
- “The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul…” Proverbs 13:19. Many people are joyless because of multitudes of problems in their lives. Mark 11:24 tells us we can have our desires accomplished through prayer. “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” Divine intervention engenders joy. “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” John 16:24. “Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”Psalm 16:11. Answered prayer terminates frustration and depression. God’s mind is not for you to be unhappy, sick and broke; he wants you to be happy, healthy and wealthy. Isaiah 56:7, “Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.” The effectiveness of your prayer life determines the level of joy that flows into your life. No prayer, no joy!
- Prayer changes you. Prayer cleanses you. “I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.  Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” Job 42:5-6. In the presence of God you see yourself as he sees you and you’re cleansed. You are holier when you pray constantly. You develop reverence for God. You are more likely to live right if you are praying right.
Prayer builds your faith (Jude 1:20). In the presence of God you are inspired, instructed and corrected. You develop a higher level of confidence. Prayer creates Freedom: Spiritual, physical & financial. You cannot remain bound, if you are sound in prayer.
- Great Breakthroughs. Hannah prayed, barrenness of many years was terminated. Jabez prayed, his life was completely transformed. “There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful. He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.” 1Chronicles 4:9-10 (NLT). Effective prayer is a Kingdom key for changing your story.
Abraham’s communion with God made him a man of mega wealth. Through prayer we are connected to source for our needed helps. Your inheritance is transferred to you through the revelation knowledge of truth. Your delivery is a function of your insight. Job also was a man who thrived on divine secrets. He said, “As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle” Job 29:4. Divine insight is divine wisdom. Divine wisdom is the key that makes men flourish beyond belief.
- Great Exploits. Dan 11:32. Daniel was a man of great exploits. His first challenge was to tell and interpret the dream of the king. He went into prayer and got the answer. When they set him up, he prayed and was delivered from being eaten by lions.
Effective prayer changes your level of command. The more effective you are in prayer the more impact you make in the world. “…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” James 5:16. Elijah prayed; he caused rain to cease for 3 and half years. He prayed again and rain began to fall. Abraham prayed; Lot and his family were saved from the fire destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. Through prayer you can change your family, community or even nations. Through prayer you can obtain the power or anointing to minister effectively. Through prayer you can re-write your own history.
I strongly recommend that you get the whole series of: 7 STEPS TO ANSWERED PRAYER.
Prayer is a habit that is difficult to form or sustain. But the rewards are enormous if developed and sustained. In this regard patience is key. Hebrews 6:12. Do everything in your power to form the habit of regular prayer. It may be difficult but it is possible.
Get ready for very explosive results from now on!