*Cursed because of forefathers
Scripture Reading: 1Samuel 30:1-8
3 major battles
There are three major battles you will fight as a Christian:
- The battle to keep your salvation. The battle to remain as a child of God. Nothing else matters if you cannot remain saved. Satan sends persecution the way of new converts to steal the word of salvation they have just received. You win this battle by changing relationships and remaining close to mature believers; spending time in prayer and learning the word of God.
- The battle to receive and enjoy your inheritance in the kingdom. This battle is not won through prayer and fasting but by growing in the grace of giving. This battle is only won by engaging covenant forces of sacrificial giving. Your giving determines your access to heaven’s resources and provision. Until you learn to give, you will struggle like everyone else. Your weapon against poverty is your significant seeds. When you become a habitual giver, you begin to enjoy the Abrahamic order of wealth.
- The battle to enter into your calling and fulfill your divine assignment. This is the place of your pre-eminence where you are crowned as king. There is a throne for every believer. The place where your star begins to shine. Joseph did not get into trouble with his brothers until he started to talk about his place of pre-eminence. The enemy took him through slavery and prison to try and destroy him but he failed. David’s trouble began when he used his anointing to lead his people into victory over Goliath and the Philistines. Like Joseph, and Moses, David became a marked man when he stepped into his assignment. The completion of your assignment is the devil’s nightmare. This final battle is in phases. But when you see the enemy attacking everything including your family, you know you are close to your throne.
Every battle signals the beginning of a new season in your life. The burning of Ziklag and the taking away of David’s family and things marked the end of an era and signaled the beginning of a brand new season.
Final battle before his throne: This attack on David was very serious. The enemy attacked his town and took away his family and stuff. He threw everything he had at David. Do you know why? Because David was a few hours away from claiming the throne for which he was anointed thirteen years before. The battle intensifies when you are close to your promised land.
The Amalekites did not kill anyone. God did not allow them to. But the question is why did God allow them to burn down Ziklag? Because David and his team were not going to need it anymore!
Just three days later, news came that King Saul was dead. It was time for David to relocate back to Israel. This time, he returned not as a fugitive, but as the King of Judah!
You are emerging from that attack on your life as a king! Your time to reign has come. Your time to marry has come! Your time to have children has come. Your time to take charge has come! Your time to be healed has come! You must win this battle. You are coming out of poverty finally!
Those who never had it: David had it, lost it and recovered it. Some have never had what God has promised them. Let me talk about people who’ve never had it.
Cursed because of forefathers
Isaiah 14:20b-21 (NIV)
“20The offspring of the wicked will never be mentioned again. 21Prepare a place to slaughter his sons for the sins of their forefathers they are not to rise to inherit the land and cover the earth with their cities.”
(AMP) “20May the descendants of evildoers nevermore be named! 21Prepare a slaughtering place for his sons because of the guilt and iniquity of their fathers, so that they may not rise, possess the earth, and fill the face of the world with cities.” (AMP)
5 Things descendants suffer because of the sins of their forefathers:
- Lack of prominence or greatness (they will never be mentioned again). They will not become prominent, famous, noteworthy or remembered. There are families in which there is not a single significant person. If there has been no significant person in your family, you will be the first. You will achieve what no one has ever achieved in your family in the name of Jesus. One of the promises God gave to Abraham was to give him a great name (Genesis 12:2 “2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great;”. You will become a voice in this land. You will not be an echo but a voice. God will not stop blessing you until you command respect. He will lift you to the point where you cannot be ignored.
- Premature death. Prepare a place to slaughter his sons. Here you see the curse of premature death. Sons are not supposed to die before their parents. This death affects everything around them. Death of business, marriage, etc.
- They are not to rise—stagnancy—being stuck to the same level. Denied promotion. This is a curse that keeps people limited in growth and progress. I command every embargo on your progress to be lifted now in the mighty name of Jesus.
- They will not inherit or possess the land. Inability to acquire property. They don’t become owners of land, or things derived from it. That is why people find it difficult to be owners of houses, cars, businesses, etc. They cannot become masters but servants.
- Limitation of growth and expansion. They are not to cover the land—they are not to increase. This is the curse of barrenness—inability to increase, multiply or be fruitful. They cannot enlarge. Do you wonder why people work so hard and receive so little?
(a) Because of the guilt and iniquity of their forefathers.
(b) To prevent the spread of wickedness. This is the main reason God does not allow the wicked to prosper. Money makes you more of whatever you are. Money makes a wicked man more wicked. Money in the hands of a sexually perverse person will make him more perverse.
But when a person turns away from his wicked ways, the curse is broken.
2Corinthians 5:17 “17Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Galatians 3:13-14 “13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
Jeremiah 3: 12b“for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever.”
The Lord sent me with an anointing to set the captives free and deliver the oppressed. Your story will change!
God is about to overthrow your enemies. God will cripple your enemies so you can overtake them. You are about to recover everything you have lost. The God of David will step into your situation this minute. You are just a few days away from ascending your throne. Your enemies are gone and gone forever!