*Happy New Year!!!
Welcome to 2018!! It’s a year that holds many promises for individuals, families and the nation. Many long held dreams are going to be actualised in 2018. As you peak in the year, don’t make resolutions, just set very big goals!
God has not forgotten you. You will be remembered this year for comprehensive breakthrough and you will rest in every area of life! Like Joseph, your day of glory has come! Like Sarah, your day of laughter has come!
God’s Grace is about to produce Glory and Greatness in your life! What you have always longed for will be established in your hands in 2018!
John 16:21, 21A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.”
We see four things from this Scripture: Conception, Birth Pains, Delivery, and Joy. This outlines four steps to irreversible and outrageous success:
- Vision/Goal setting,
- Perseverance, and
- Reward. It is almost impossible to achieve what you don’t first conceive.
Don’t make resolutions, set goals: Most people make resolutions at the beginning of the year. In 1953, researchers at Yale University polled the graduating class and found that 3% of the graduates had a set of clearly defined written goals.
20 years later, in 1973, these researchers went back and visited the class of ’53 and found that the 3% of the graduates with these written goals had amassed a net worth that was greater than the other 97% combined.
This is powerful indication that goal setting is critical for success.
Your life only becomes great when you set upon a goal or goals which you really believe in, which you can really commit yourself to, which you can put your whole heart and soul into.
In the first few days of the year, millions of people from around the world sit down and try to figure out how to make the year a better year than they had the previous year.
Some will decide they need to work harder . . . even though they feel like they’re working pretty hard right now. Chances are, this decision won’t get the result they’re hoping for because working harder is almost never the answer. As Bob Proctor says, “there are literally thousands upon thousands of honest, good, hard-working people who labour diligently for their entire stay on this planet, yet never become wealthy.”
A large number of people make New Year resolutions. According to the experts, more than 90% will fail to achieve their resolutions, with most having abandoned them by the end of January.
However, there’s a very small group of people who are bound and determined that 2018 will be different. They are committed to real change in their lives . . . and real success in 2018. They are committed to a PLAN. They understand what Bobby Knight meant when he said, “The will to succeed is important, but what’s more important is the will to prepare.”
Vision/Goal setting: Most ideas are aborted because they are not nurtured into life. You must turn your ideas or vision into goals if they are to become reality.
Every great venture you see today began as an idea. Every life begins as a conception. The starting point of all success is vision. Every story of greatness began as a dream. MICROSOFT-the computer giant, began in a garage.
In a way, we all conceive. We conceive ideas in the womb of the mind. Genesis 13:13-17 “14And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: 15For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.”
You will see far in Jesus name! This year, God will give you as far as your eyes can see. That great vision He has planted in your mind will become reality this year.
- A vision is a specific well-defined goal. A visualisation or imagination of what you really want in life.
- You must understand the dream or vision sequence and follow it if you are to succeed. First determine what you want to BECOME. This decides what you should be DOING. And once you become, BENEFITS follow. Don’t begin with benefits in mind.
- You have to have a dream if you must achieve anything worthwhile. You are Gifted To Be Creative! Most people have no vision beyond their present circumstances. Napoleon Hill said, “All the breaks you need in life wait within your imagination. Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind energy into accomplishment and wealth.”
- God does not come into your life to speak to you about where you are but where you are going. As far as your eyes can see; I will give to you.
- Physical sight is the ability to see things as they are. Vision is the capacity to see things as they could be. God gave us vision so we would not have to live by what we see. God gave us the gift of imagination to keep us from focusing only on our present conditions.
- In imagination, there’s no limitation. So dream very big; so big you have no idea how you are going to accomplish it.
- Without vision, you drift aimlessly. He gave us vision to prevent us from drifting aimlessly.
- Without vision, there is no hope. Sight without vision is dangerous because it has no hope. The poorest person in the world is a person without a dream-Myles Munroe.
- Anything that impairs your vision will limit your mobility and speed. Try running with your eyes closed; it is almost impossible.
- The bigger your vision the bigger your achievement is likely to be. Big thinking precedes great achievement.
Pamela Vaull Starr said, “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
Rene Descartes said, “It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well.”
Here are eight crucial steps in achieving your goals:
- The first step is to prayerfully determine what you want; your goal.
- Document it. Write it down. This makes it tangible for the first time. The Bible says, “Write the vision down and make it plain that he may run that readeth it.” (Habakkuk 2:2). An unwritten goal is but a mere wish and will soon be lost.
- Pray about it committing it to the Lord and asking the Holy Spirit to guide and help you.
- Believe you can achieve it though you know not how. The Bible says all things are possible to him who believes.
- Confess it every day until it becomes a part of you.
- Be prepared to do whatever it takes (as long as it is scriptural and legal) to achieve your goal. Start immediately to implement your plans. The proof of desire is pursuit. Procrastination can abort your dream.
- Be determined to see it through. Obstacles will naturally arise but you must be determined to make it work. Once labour starts, the process is irreversible. If you want results, put your hand on the plough and don’t look back. You may need to adjust your plan or strategy but never drop your goal.
- Evaluate your performance periodically and make changes in your strategies where necessary.
John 16:20 “…but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
God turned Joseph’s sorrow into joy. He became a Prime Minister in the same land where he served as a slave and a prisoner. In this same land where you struggle to pay rent, you will become a landlord! God is getting ready to honour you before your friends and your neighbours. He is getting ready to honour you before your family. God is getting ready to throw a party for you!
In 2018 you will celebrate! You will sing, and you will dance!!
Stop limiting yourself. Move forward!!!
This nation will rise again!!!