SUNDAY SERMON: Positioning for your inheritance. Part 2
*Habits of kingdom greats
Galatians 4:1, 2 “….as long as the heir is a child, he does not differ at all from a slave although he is owner of everything, but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by the father.”
Developing Godly Habits
(Continued from last week)
This means anything you do twice becomes easier. It is God’s way of helping you succeed. That is why it is said, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT. The SECRET OF YOUR SUCCESS is in your DAILY ROUTINE. Success is a daily event. Habit is a daily thing. Mike Murdock said nothing will ever dominate your life unless it happens daily.
Experts believe that when you do a specific thing repeatedly 21 consecutive days, it will become a lifetime habit for you. What you are doing today is creating a permanent you. Your daily habits are carving out an irreversible future. Are you heading toward what your really want?
Your habits are vehicles…taking you into a desirable or undesirable future. Where will your present habits take you in twelve months? In ten years? Where will you eventually be if you do not change the direction you are going? Will you require a tragedy to initiate a change?
Examine Success Habits Of Champions
You don’t advance by the leap you make once but the small steps you take repeatedly.
Our Lord Jesus had positive habits. He went to the synagogue habitually. He prayed habitually. He gave to the poor habitually. He preached and healed people habitually!
A habit is a gift from God.
Great men have great habits; daily habits. That is what separates them from the masses.
Mike Murdock said men do not really decide their future. They merely decide their habits. Then their habits decide their future.
Read biographies of champions. The secret of their success is always hidden in something they do DAILY.
Habits of kingdom greats
- Kingdom greats spend time in the Word of God. Joshua 1:8 says, (This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.)
- Pick a time…preferably the morning. Call it your ‘Wisdom Hour.’ Read the Bible.
- Just meditate on the Word.
- His Word is life. His Word creates faith. His Word will change the course of your life.
- His Word is wisdom 2Timothy 3:15, “15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise…”
- Kingdom greats set a specific prayer time. Cornelius was a man who prayed regularly. Daniel was a man of regular prayers. He prayed three times a day (Daniel 6:10). David prayed three times a day (Psalm 55:17) and praised God 7 times daily (Psalm 119:164). Prayer is the seed for power. Much prayer, much power; little prayer, little power.
Setting a specific prayer time is one of the great secrets in the lives of prayer champions and Kingdom greats.
Build your daily agenda around your specific prayer time. Morning is usually best. Psalm 5:3, “My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.” Make it the priority of the day.
You will be amazed at the power of keeping a daily appointment with God. You will avoid disappointment if you keep your daily appointment with God.
- Kingdom greats take great delight in regular fellowship. Luke 4:16b, Hebrews 10:25. King David wrote, I was glad when they said, let us go to the house of God. Psalm 122:1. Abraham fellowshipped with God regularly. He raised altars everywhere he went.
Get into the presence of God. Regularly. Your best will come out of you in His Presence.
Sit under the teaching of a man of God you respect. Put your time, influence and finances there. Faithfully.
Even Jesus attended church regularly. There is no substitute for the Golden Link of Godly relationships.
- Kingdom greats tithe habitually- Malachi 3:10; 1Corinthians 16:2
Tithe means tenth. Abraham gave ten percent of his income back to God to show that he honoured God as his Provider.
His son Isaac tithed also and reaped one hundredfold the same year he sowed. God rewarded his seed. Jacob was a habitual tither.
- Kingdom greats Sow from every income. Kingdom greats recognize their seed. A seed is anything you have been given to obtain what you have been promised. Everything God made produces after its kind. Many people sow one kind of seed and expect to reap something else. It does not work that way. That is deception. Galaatians 6:7, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”
- Repentance is the seed for Forgiveness.
- Prayer and fasting are the seed for power.
- Listening is the seed for learning.
- Learning is the seed for knowledge. If you don’t learn you don’t know.
- Perseverance is the seed for manifestation.
- Work is the seed for reward.
- Change is the seed for progress. Until you change something you cannot have a different result.
Prayer is NOT the seed for money; money is the seed for money. Money is the seed for money. 2Corinthians 9:10; Genesis 8:22.
The size of your seed determines the size of your harvest. 2Corinthians 9:6, “But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.”
Think like a sower. Your seed is anything you give to God. Your harvest is anything He gives back to you. Habitual sowing guarantees habitual reaping. You want to receive regularly, sow regularly.
Start the habit of giving something to the work of God out of every income you receive. When you sow consistently, you will reap consistently.
Expect God to multiply your seed one hundredfold as He promised clearly in Mark 10:30. He will provide seed to anyone willing to sow it. 2Corinthians 9:10. Kingdom greats understand that prayer and fasting are the not the seed for money.
It is obvious then doing these things regularly will cause you to become more Christ-like and to enjoy dominion, good health and wealth. The more Christ-like you become, the greater the blessings you enjoy, the more of your inheritance you have access to.