SUNDAY SERMON: Redeemed and restored to power
*Four major reasons Jesus went to the cross
Mathew 28:18, “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.”
The greatest shock of the devil was that Jesus resurrected. He resurrected to the glory of God. The devil thought he had Him but he was mistaken. The angel announced proudly, ‘He is not here; He is risen as He said.’ (Matthew 28:6). The stone could not prevent The Rock of Ages from coming out triumphantly. The soldiers on guard could not prevent the Commander of the host of heaven from coming out. The decree of Pilate could not prevent the King of kings from coming out. There is nothing the enemy has that can stop you from rising to your throne. You are unstoppable!
THIS singular event sealed the devil’s defeat and man’s redemption for ever! Satan has not and will never recover from this defeat. Man is back to his position of authority and dominion through Christ. When Jesus rose from the dead he said to his disciples in one of the post resurrection appearances that all power has been given to him in heaven and in earth (Matthew 28:18).
Man is back in control and no longer subject to the devil. We are finally delivered from the authority of darkness and translated into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son.
Four major reasons Jesus went to the cross
Isaiah 53:4-5, “ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
4 reasons Christ went to the cross
- To pay the penalty for our sins and reconcile us to God. Isaiah 53:5 says, “ But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him…” 2Corinthians 5:21, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” This is life: the life of God. 1John 5:12, “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”
- To break the curse of poverty and restore the blessing of Abraham unto the believer. Galatians 3:13-14, “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” The curse of poverty represented by the thorns was broken when Jesus was worn the crown of thorns. You are meant to now inherit the blessing of Abraham (Galatians 3:29). What made Abraham rich is now in your life. Poverty is illegal in your life! Do what Abraham did and you will enjoy everything Abraham enjoyed!
- To take away our diseases. “…with his stripes we are healed.” Matthew 8:17, “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our”
- To deliver us from death and hell. Sin made mankind a slave of the devil heading for hell but we are delivered through the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross. Colossians 1:13, “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.” We have been delivered; hallelujah! We are no longer slaves to serve Satan. He has lost his jurisdiction and power over us! We are back in our original position of authority. Anyone who is not born again remains a slave of the devil and will certainly end up in hell.
- Believe and give our lives to Him. John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.”
- Serve Him all the days of our lives. God did not save you to serve you. He saved you so you can serve Him. 1Thessalonians 1:9 says, “…we turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God.” We are saved to serve God. It’s not enough for Christ to be your Saviour, He must be your Lord. Servants obey their masters. Malachi 1:6, “A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, …?”
- Do everything in our power to bring others to Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit. We are saved to help save others; we are reconciled to reconcile others to Christ. 2Corinthians 5:18-19. Every true child of God wins souls. It is a command to be carried out if the death of Jesus Christ is not to be in vain.
Statistics has shown that only a very small no of people don’t want children. Everyone truly born again will desire, pray and work to get others born again.
This is the main thing that triggers heaven’s attention and the outpouring of heaven’s wealth into a person’s life. Don’t expect heaven to keep funding you on earth when you’re not helping to build the Kingdom of God numerically.
We have countless opportunities each day we interact with people to preach Jesus. Even one of the thieves crucified with Jesus preached Jesus to the other thief. He knew Jesus was a just man and defended Him. He also accepted he was a sinner.
We hear people say the wrong things about God and the church each day and we say nothing. We hear people complain about their situation yet we don’t present Christ the solution. We see people hurting every day and we don’t show them kindness. We see people confused about their spirituality yet we do not direct them to church. We see people who were once committed drifting away yet we do not care to bring them back.
God is counting on you to spread the good news; to bring the unsaved to church or the House Cell
The best tribute we can pay to Christ is to continue with the reconciliation work He came to do and gave His life for.
It is time to commit ourselves to the advancement and expansion of the Kingdom of God on earth if the suffering of Christ is not to be in vain. It’s time to share the love of God with the world around us.
May this Easter bring you deliverance, healing, unimaginable wealth and prosperity, in Jesus name!