“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13.
Colossians 3:10, “And have put on THE NEW MAN, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him.”
We started looking at the new man in Christ and the limitless capacity he is created with. Here is the balance.
- The new man is free. John 8:36, “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” Before you gave your life to Christ, you were bound by sin and Satan. You were a slave of sin and the devil. Sin had dominion over you. But now that you are born again, you have delivered from the authority of Satan. You are now in a new kingdom. You have been liberated from sin, Satan and poverty. Free from sin. Romans 6:18
- Greatly loved by God. Beloved and not hated by God. Colossians 3:12, “Put on therefore, as the ELECT of God, HOLY and BELOVED…” You are chosen, holy and beloved. God loves you as much as he loves Jesus. He gave Jesus for your redemption while you were yet a sinner. If He loved you before you got saved, how much more does He love you now that you are saved! Your mistake does not make God hate you! If it didn’t make Him hate then, it won’t make Him hate you now. Why do you think parents of an armed robber weep and plead that he should not be executed? Because they love him even though he robbed! They do not approve of his sin but they still love him. If you must live the limitless life, you must establish in your heart once and for all, that God loves you as much as He loves Jesus.
- The new man loves God.
- The new man has everything. The new man is blessed. If God loves you as much as He loved Jesus, He has also given you everything He gave Jesus. That is why you and I have been made joint heirs with Him. Romans 8:17, “…and if children, then heirs–heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ…” The new man is blessed beyond comprehension. The old man struggles to have his needs met, the new man knows that all his needs are already met and receives them with thanksgiving. Jesus knew all his needs were met so he gave thanks to the Father each time a need popped up. The spiritual DNA for blessing is in the believer because it is the attribute of our father just like a lion curb does not struggle to look like a lion. A vast and unimaginable inheritance has been bestowed on you from the day you got born again. 1Corinthians 2:9, You only need to discover how to access it through the promises in the Bible. 2Peter 1:3-4
- The new man is a spiritual giant that is asleep in most believers. God’s original mandate for man to have dominion and authority on earth is fully restored in the new man. Luke 10:19. The new man not only has the nature of Christ, he has the power of Christ. He can do everything Christ did. John 14:12, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.” The new man is powerful because he is empowered by the Spirit of God who dwells in him (Acts 1:8). The new man is empowered to reign in life and do impossible things; things only God can do. He has authority and dominion just like Christ. A believer is greater than all Old Testament saints. Matthew 11:11. Elijah divided the river Jordan but I can walk on water. You are greater than Solomon, etc. An average believer is living below standard and capacity. It is time for us to arise and live according to our status in Christ.
- Has the capacity to hear from God. John 10:27, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me…” He is equipped and anointed to see and hear the voice of the Shepherd.
- Anointed to know and understand the mysteries of godliness. Luke 8:10, “And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.” An unbeliever cannot understand the things of God. 1Corinthians 2:14, “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” 1Corinthians 2:12, “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.” The spirit of God enables us to know the things that are freely given to us by God.
- The new man needs to grow. The new man must feed on the word of God. The new man is limited by the unregenerate mind. A mind that is not renewed according the word of God will hinder the new man from fully expressing himself.
- The new man is full of mercy, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness and patience (the fruit of the spirit)
- The new man is forgiving, holds no grudges. The new man is sweet. Colossians 3:13, “Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do”
- The new man is full of love. The new man is generous towards others and towards God. The new man is not selfish or greedy. Colossians 3:14, “And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.”
- The new man is characterized by peace. Colossians 3:15
- The new man is thankful. He realizes the enormity of grace and abundant supply he has received and is always thankful. He realizes that his physical possession is not all that he has but that he has all things that pertain unto life and godliness.
- The new man fully trusts God and lives by faith. The old man fears God and trembles; the new man reveres God – full of awe and admiration. John 10:26, “But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.”
- The new man is not flesh-motivated but Spirit-motivated. He is not ruled by his feelings but by his faith.
- The new man is anointed to change the world. He is a nation. He is a world changer!
You have limitless potential and capacity. Take the limits off! You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Operate with the mentality of Christ. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5
Have a blessed week.