Earlier yesterday, Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) made her stand known to the public concerning the kangaroo election that took place at God knows where, and pronounced Sen.Ifeanyi Ubah the chairman elect of Anambra Football Association (ANFA).
Recall that on the 26th of July, the Electoral Committee through their Publicity secretary notified the aspirants, agents, delegates, media and the public that the ANFA election scheduled to hold on the 27th will no longer hold as scheduled following the Anambra State Government ban on elections in respect of Covid-19 extant laws.
It’s pertinent to note that members of the public, delegates, agents and aspirants adhered strictly with the memo issued by the legally constituted electoral committee. Now, the questions are
- Who supervised the kangaroo election?
- Who conducted the election?
- Did every aspirant, agent, and delegate participate in the so called election?
In another Flip, it is also very important that NFF is aware of the following facts behind Anambra State FA elections.
- On the 28th April 2020, Anambra FA an Extraordinary congress connived:
- a) To extend their tenure by 3 months during which elections into LGA Football Councils and the state Exco Committee would be conducted, respectively.
In that congress they passed a vote of confidence on the Chairman, Ifeanyi Ubah and unanimously agreed to return him.
- b) The congress also agreed to return itself for another tenure – both the Executive and the LGA Chairmen.
- c) a & b above account for why no other person bought form for chairman and it also accounted for the absence of other contestants. Apparently they were disenfranchised.
- Since they held their election, they did not deem it expedient to extend their tenure further through a congressional fiat.
The implication is that the tenure of the congress (ie the Executive board of the state FA and the Local Govt Football Council expired yesterday, giving rise for the appointment of a Caretaker Committee.
- The committee has to commence a new process that will conduct fresh elections at the LGA and state, one that will correct the conspiracy of the former congress to return themselves and still sold forms for people, which was purely a fraud.
That’s the only pathway to a fresh credible election that will correct all the anomalies and gaffes perpetrated by the previous board.
Finally, the general public should be aware henceforth, that it’s no longer business as usual in Anambra State FA.