1Samuel 1:9-19, 24-27, 2:21
John 10:10, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
When you talk of life you are talking of everything. God wants you to have more of everything good. He wants you to have life and have it more abundantly.
He wants you to have more wisdom, more strength, more power, more grace, more anointing, more joy, more peace, more wealth, more success, etc.
Hannah got more children
1Samuel 2:21, “And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters.”
Why do you need to have more? For one thing your needs are growing and you must have more in order to meet them. You need more as a married man than when you were single. You need more if you start to have children.
The skill you need to pastor a hundred persons is different from what you need to pastor a thousand members.
What you need to lead a small business is different from what you need to lead a big organization or a nation at that. You need more wisdom and more skills to achieve better results.
How Do You Have More?
I realized that God does not determine whether you have more or not. It is a choice you make.
8 THINGS YOU MUST DO TO HAVE MORE
- Being born again. The life of God is given to those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour; those have their sins washed away! John 3:16, and this life is abundant life (John 10:10)
- A sinless life. You cannot continue in sin for the grace of God to abound. Immorality, anger, malice, unforgiveness, failure to tithe, not winning souls, etc. are sins that should be gotten rid of.
- A desire for more. A growing vision. You can’t have more thinking of less. The size of your vision determines the size of the life you create. Growing vision leads to growing accomplishments.
- 1Chronicles 4:10, “And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.”
- The Law of increase is that you sow whatever you want more of. Galatians 6:7, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” Luke 6:38
- Plan and work for more. Isaiah 54:2-3, “Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;  For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited. You are going to have to do more if you are going to have more.
- Faithful service. “A faithful man shall abound with blessings.” Proverbs 28:20. God rewards faithful service. In Matthew 25 we see how the servants with two and five talents were given more because they were productive in the use of their talents. Start serving God faithfully and God will increase you more and more.
- Whatever you give thanks for multiplies. God multiplies those who give thanks. Jeremiah 30:19, “And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.” Any church that wants to grow must be a praising church. Hannah gave thanks for one child and God blessed her with five more. As you give thanks for life, God will bless you with a longer life.
Hannah’s thanksgiving and testimony made God to give her more children. 1Samuel 1:24-27, 2:21, “And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks, and one ephah of flour, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of the LORD in Shiloh: and the child was young.  And they slew a bullock, and brought the child to Eli.  And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD.  For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him…”… 2:21 And the LORD visited Hannah, so that she conceived, and bare three sons and two daughters.”
Count your blessings. No matter how much you achieve in life, you will always feel unhappy if you constantly focus on what you don’t have. Instead, devote time every day to appreciating the things you do have. Think beyond material items; appreciate your loved ones, and cherish happy memories.
The Bible says, “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”
Matthew Henry, the great Bible commentator, was robbed one day. He wrote in his diary: “Let me be thankful, first, because I was never robbed before. Second, because although they took my wallet, they did not take my life. Third, because although they took my all, it was not much. Fourth, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed.”
One of our members gave this testimony a couple of years ago after hearing a teaching I gave on praising God at midnight:
CONFIRMED AND 12 YEARS ARREAS PAID
I worked for twelve years without a letter of appointment. As a result of this, I was under-paid. The Pastor took a teaching on the Mystery of Midnight praise in July and I challenged myself to give the Lord Midnight dance which I did. The following day, I was given my letter of appointment and all my arrears for twelve years were paid.
As you give thanks today, God will multiply you on all sides. God will give you more wisdom, more strength, more power, more grace, more anointing, more joy, more peace, more wealth, etc. in Jesus name!